Our Projects and Goals
Golf Tournament Committee - The next Golf Tournament Committee meeting will be on June 8, 10:00 a.m. at the Halls Senior Center. Several members are canvassing the Halls area for Hole Sponsorships. If you know of an individual or business wanting to sponsor a hole, they can register on this site. Registration for Golf Tournament Sponsorships, Teams, Hole Sponsors, and Teams with Hole Sponsors are available on this site under the Golf Tournament heading. Hole Sponsorships are $150.
Little Free Library - The Hallsdale Powell Utility District has given the League permission to place the Library on their property and next to their Box of Blessings. We supply books to the library regularly. If you would like to participate, please take a book and leave a book.
Community Care Committee - The Committee will be meeting the fourth Wednesday of each month (the day after our Membership Meeting) at 1:30, Halls Senior Center except for the months of November and December. Current projects are chemo scarves for patients at Tennova and caddies for walkers and wheel chairs got Sunnybrook residents. Fabric needed for these two projects: Chemo scarves, 30" x width of fabric; Caddies, 18" x width of fabric. Hope you can come to the meeting and help with these great projects!
Business Outreach Committee - Working on promoting the Rummage Sale by attending the Halls Business and Professional Organization meeting and handing out flyers. Sponsoring the Farmer's Market in Halls. Worked with the local businesses to sponsor 48 snowflakes on Maynardville Pike from Foley Drive to Temple Acres Drive.
- Scholarship Fund - The League awards two scholarships in the amount of two thousand dollars ($2,000) each year to outstanding female students from Halls High School. They are recognized for their scholastic ability and their civic and community service.
- Snowflakes on Maynardville Pike
- Farmers' Market in Halls Center
- Sacred Ground Hospice
- Christmas Tree Lighting at Clayton Park
- Preservation - Projects include renovation of the Thomas Hall Cemetery, a History of Halls Book, a Halls Museum, and Historical Markers in the Halls Community
- Community Care Committee
- To promote the value of providing service to meet the needs of the community and enhance the overall welfare and growth of the Halls Community through calculation of value of service hours, monies donated, and the impact on the Halls Community.
- To collaborate with other community agencies to promote the Halls Community by meeting together to coordinate efforts and plans for the Community, as well as providing support.
- To promote the preservation of the history and growth of the Halls Community through fund-raisers to provide funds for a proposed History of Halls Book (wanting to complete interviews and put together beginning chapters of book), erect Lonestar marker and Halls Crossroads Sign, secure another historical marker for the Halls Community, as well as to serve on the Halls Museum Committee.
- To educate League members on opportunities for service that contributes to the welfare, beautification, and positive promotion of the Halls Community through speakers at Membership meetings; beautification of Clayton Park, utilizing Clayton Park for Community gatherings such as: growing a Community Christmas Tree Lighting event and looking into a possible Spring Festival; promoting pride by awarding Beautiication Awards for possibly more than one category; and promoting and assisting in sponsorship of lighted snowflakes for new street poles that will remain lit throughtout the winter season.
- To provide three scholarship opportunities for three Halls High School girls (one being awarded to a HCWL Junior League Senior); and recognizing the importance of art in the educational process by sponsoring an Annual Art Contest for both Halls Middle and High School students.
- To increase League membership by 10 percent and encourage attendance at Membership Meetings and participation in all League activities.
- To assist those who need assistance by promoting Community Care through arts, crafts, sewing, crocheting and knitting.
- To promote the love of reading by researching the opportunities of a Little Free Library and, if feasible, building a small structure to house the Library, maintaining appearance of the structure, promoting the Library to the Community, and restocking the books.
- To provide support, care, and valuing all League members; accepting of all our abilities, differences, and opinions; providing updated League information and allowing opportunities to purchase League merchandise.
- To promote involvement with the Community in fundraising opportunities by sponsoring a Community-wide Golf Tournament, Derby Day Celebration, Rummage Sale, and Chili Chowdown that will provide funds to help the Halls Community and its citizens.
- To provide communication to all Members and the Community on League opportunities, events, and completed projects through e-mails, continuous updating of Website, signs, local media outlets, word of mouth, and Monthly Membership Meetings.
- Chili Chowdown
- Rummage Sale
- Golf Tournament